Shop the Post
I wanted to follow up on The Best Skincare Routine I’ve Ever Followed post that I did a couple of weeks ago. In that post, I broke down my current routine but I mentioned that there are other factors that have gone into my skin improving. So in today’s post, I’m covering those tips – a lot of which I actually learned at a Net-a-Porter even a couple of months ago. If you are struggling with your skin or just want some tips on taking it to the next level, I hope these tips help!
- I’ve prioritized my health this past year more than ever, and I truly believe it’s impacted my skin.
- Drinking lemon water on an empty stomach helps to detox. I like it warmed up.
- I workout 3-5 times a week as another form of detoxification, and obviously for a lot of other benefits. It really helps me get that glow and I notice my skin is best when I’m consistently working out.
- Drink a lot of water in general. Have a to-go water bottle in your car so you can fill it up when you’re on the go.
- I don’t eat dairy anymore. I noticed a huge difference in my skin after I stopped eating cheese and milk.
- Apply eye cream everywhere you would wear sunglasses (all the way above your eyebrow).
- Don’t forget SPF on your neck, ears, and back of your hands.
- Try to get a facial at least once or twice a month, and I also do face masks 2-3 times a week. It’s a lot of work but I’ve seen it pay off!
- Don’t sleep with your makeup on. Have makeup wipes in your nightstand in case you get too tired at night.
Tips from Net-a-Porter Event:
- The language of beauty is really changing. We no longer think about anti-aging or looking younger. We are far more attracted by looking healthy, glowing and feeling our best. People are shopping for products that make them look glowing, less tired and healthy.
- 90% of the supplement world does not work. according to Net-a-Porter, this is the only supplement that works for skin. I’m going to try it out and see if it works. Stay tuned!
- Invest in really good skincare tools like the Nu Face for example. I wrote more about how often I use it in this post. I also swear by my gua sha. I like to use it in the morning if I wake up looking puffy.
- Sleeping on silk can be very beneficial to our skin and hair.
- Focus on applying skincare products from the forehead all the way to your nipples. A lot of us forget our décolletage and neck.
- Eye cream + serum is based on cumulative results over a period of time. Therefore these products are the most effective and important in our skincare routine. It’s a myth that you have to constantly switch your products. If something works, continue using it.
What’s your best skincare tip to share?